Consumers today are more environmentally conscious than ever. Businesses are learning that sustainability and environmental awareness can drive purchase decisions. A recent study found that 58 percent of consumers consider a company’s impact on the environment in purchase decisions and are more likely to pick companies that practice sustainable habits.
Your employees care about this too. Earth Day is April 22 and is an excellent opportunity to showcase your company’s eco-friendly initiatives and promote green behaviors with employees.
Here are a few easy-to-introduce tactics that can reduce your business carbon foot print, save money and build engagement with employees:
- Promote your company’s recycling and green programs.
- Ask for volunteers for a “green team” to make recommendations about green initiatives.
- Incentivize carpooling or car sharing programs for employees.
- Promote electronic document usage to reduce paper waste.
- Host a lunch and learn with a guest speaker from a community or government organization to discuss emerging technologies or eco-initiatives in your area.
- Provide recycling collection areas and educate employees about what can be recycled.
- Instead of stocking disposable water bottles, provide employees with reusable water bottles with your company logo.
- Sponsor a community clean-up day just for employees.
What is your company doing to promote green initiatives? Please share your stories and idea with me: firstname.lastname@example.org